Another article from the best gutter cleaners in Calgary
Tired of clogged eavestroughs? Are gutter guards a solution to your problem?
The first thing to remember: there is almost nothing maintenance free. Please don’t fall for those marketing tricks about the guards. There is no “set it and forget it” type, doesn’t matter how expensive it is. The only way it works if your property doesn’t need gutter guards anyways. Funny, eh? So if there is anything besides water that gets into your gutters, you would have to keep cleaning your guards and, most likely, the gutters too. Check the photo above. That’s one of the gutter guard CLEANING JOB we had to perform.
Things to research when you are thinking about gutter guards:
- What trees are clogging up your rain gutter system? Pines are so much different from maples.
- What is the problem? Is it leaves and twigs OR pine cones and needles? Maybe it’s very fine birch seeds or annoying ash tree seeds.
- Will this guard stop your trees from getting into your eavestroughs and downspouts?
- Will water from the roof still get into your eavestroughs? Because remember: the main function of the rain gutter system is to ‘direct the water to a suitable disposal site where it will not damage the structure and foundation of the building’.
Adding the guards will cost you, probably even more than you think. If you call us to clean your eavestroughs and they have guards, we’ll charge more, because it’s more work. Sometimes a lot more.
What do we suggest?
- Trim the trees, that are close to your roof. Trim them as much as possible.
- Clean your gutters regularly.
No, we are not trying to trick you to call us more for cleaning 🙂 We make money on installing and cleaning gutter guards too, so you will call us anyways. However, our houses have no gutter guards, think about it.
Contact HH, when you are ready for your next cleaning in Calgary.
Not convinced yet? Reasearch more: read other articles and watch Youtube videos. For example: